Thursday, August 16, 2012

Review of Gluten Ease: Helps Intolerance to Wheat Products


Gluten-ed? GlutenEase to the Rescue
If you have full-on celiac disease, and are dining out in 'high risk' places where you may accidentally be 'gluten-ed', GlutenEase could help alleviate your pain if you take a couple of capsules soon after accidental ingestion of food containing gluten.  If you have gluten intolerance or sensitivity, Gluten Ease may give you the relief you are seeking, and the ability to enjoy wheat products without pain or the usual side effects eg fatigue. Oh joy right? I thought so. :)


Oh to be able to enjoy this organic Chinese pineapple tart without fear and pain ... (Recipe at Gracie Cooks!)



My Experience
I first found out about Gluten Ease when I encountered it in a natural foods store back in 2006.

I immediately bought a bottle to try (about $30 for 120 capsules), and was pleasantly surprised that it worked for me.

Now, I have never been diagnosed with celiac disease or gluten intolerance, but I am pretty sure that I don't tolerate wheat products well. In my food journals and on elimination diets, I observed that I felt horribly tired after eating pasta, bread and any wheat product. Furthermore, whole wheat products that I thought would be better for me would give me severe indigestion and sharp stabbing pains in my stomach, colon and bowels.

Gluten in wheat products and some grains are increasingly incriminated as causing health problems among those who are sensitive to this plant protein. It turns out that gluten sensitivity affects about 10% of the general population, and sometimes at low levels that often don't get diagnosed. Gluten doesn't just cause gastrointestinal problems but can also result in headaches and migraines, ADD and ADHD (attention deficit disorder and hyperactivity), and even joint pain.

How to take Gluten Ease
I take one Gluten Ease capsule right before consuming a small portion of wheat product (eg one serving of pasta is 1/2 cup). Since the capsule contains enzymes that digest gluten and lactose, it makes sense to take another pill if I eat more servings or if I stretch the meal out over a longer period.

I rarely feel the need to eat wheat products nowadays but it's nice to be sociable and eat food at family dinners. Gluten Ease is a great 'antidote' that I can take and it only costs 25 cents per capsule.

Highly recommended.

Disclosure: As an Amazon affiliate, I receive a small commission of product purchases you make through my links. These are products that I use personally and heartily recommend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you! Please do take a moment to leave a comment or ask a question!